Life at Commonwealth: Benefits
Supporting your health and well-being
We continually refine and add to our already comprehensive benefits package to support our employees' health, well-being, rest and rejuvenation, and savings and financial protection. Highlights include:
- Fully paid maternity leave (12 weeks) and spousal leave (3 weeks)
- Stock options available to all employees after two years of service
- Service anniversary gifts and rewards, including private use of vacation homes owned by our chairman
- Discounts at local travel agents
- Discounted movie tickets, computer purchases, and cell phone purchases
- Commonwealth pays 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families.
- Commonwealth pays 50% of the premium for dental insurance.
All employees participate in an annual bonus program designed to reward and encourage the contributions of staff members to Commonwealth's success.
Receive a $2,500 referral bonus for any person you refer who is hired and remains employed at Commonwealth for three months.
personal time off
In the first two years of employment, staff members accrue 16 days per year; the total number of days accrued increases with subsequent years of employment.
401(k) Retirement Plan
Commonwealth matches $0.50 for every dollar an employee defers, up to 10% of base salary deferred. Assets are administered by Fidelity.
Commonwealth provides ten paid holidays each year: the nine holidays observed by the New York Stock Exchange, plus one optional day.
flexible spending accounts
Employees may elect to set aside funds on a pretax basis to pay for dependent care assistance, unreimbursed medical/dental expenses, commuting/transportation, and parking expenses related to commuting to work.
auto and homeowner's insurance
Exclusive group discounts are offered through Liberty Mutual.
After six months of employment, Commonwealth reimburses tuition for approved courses at 100%, to an annual maximum of $5,250.
employee assistance program (eap)
This is a voluntary, confidential resource and referral service offered free of charge to assist you in balancing work and family life.
- Commonwealth pays 100% of the premium.
- The benefit equals two times the employee's annual base salary, to a maximum of $300,000.
short- and long-term disability coverage
Commonwealth pays 100% of the premium. Benefits are paid at 66.67% of salary.