- Providing first-level technical support to home office staff, as well as to Commonwealth advisors and their staff, on a wide range of issues and products
- Prioritizing and processing help requests to provide technical problem identification and resolution
- High-level customer service skills
- Strong ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Excellent communication skills (phone manners, listening skills, and follow-up skills)
- Knowledge and experience with Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010, TCP/IP networking
- Mobile device support (Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile)
- Knowledge of POP3 and SMTP protocols, including troubleshooting connectivity issues; experience in advanced MS Outlook 2007/2010 functionality and the protocols involved with connecting to an Exchange 2007 mail server a plus
- Knowledge of Active Directory and domain environments
- Mac experience a plus
HelpDesk Specialist , Support Services
Support Services provides home office employees with the technology support they need to do their jobs, as well as provides technical recommendations and support for all advisors and their staff regarding any technology they use.
We are looking for a proactive problem solver with exceptional customer service skills to join our HelpDesk team. Your technical expertise will be put to use providing our 500+ home office employees with the technology support they need to do their jobs. In addition, you’ll also be providing technical recommendations and support to our 1,500+ advisors and their staff regarding any technology they use. Ours is a fast-paced, on-your-toes environment; a can-do attitude is a must.
As a helpdesk specialist, your responsibilities would include:
The ideal candidate would also meet the following requirements:
San Diego, CA position
A Best Place to Work, a Great Place to Be
Commonwealth Financial Network®, an independent broker/dealer–RIA based in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California, has been recognized 30 times as a Best Place to Work by such publications as the Boston Globe, the San Diego Business Journal, the U-T (Union-Tribune) San Diego, and Computerworld.
Commonwealth Financial Network is an equal opportunity employer.