Life at Commonwealth: Best Places to Work
Making it easier for our employees to live, work, and thrive.
Riding the Bull
Feeling what it's like to sit in an advisor's seat.
A Night at the Park
The Sox or the Padres, our outing is always a blast.
Boston Harbor Cruise
Summertime, and the cruising is easy.
Del Mar Races
A day at the racetrack for our thoroughbred West Coast staff.
Annual Turkey Fry
If it's November, it must be time to deep-fry a bird.
Bocce on the Beach
Our home-grown bocce tournament and cookout is a summer highlight.
Running for a Cause
Commonwealth staff hit the street to raise funds for the J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge.
Raising the Flag
Advisors and staff take the Commonwealth colors to some far-flung, fabulous locations.
The littlest members of the Commonwealth community enjoy some office trick-or-treating.
It’s all part of a distinctly Commonwealth lifestyle. We’re committed to helping our staff have experiences that are both rewarding and fun—at the office and beyond.
PICTURE YOURSELF HERE
Most of our staff cite our people and our culture as the reasons they come to Commonwealth—and why they stay. They also cite the opportunities, growth, benefits, and our reputation for being Anything but Common®. A few of the other things that make us different are:
- We're driven. Some of the most knowledgeable, entrepreneurial, and business-savvy people in the industry work here. We strive to provide indispensable service to our advisors and to one another–all day, every day. It's a great place for people who want to keep learning and keep moving forward.
- We invest in your career. At Commonwealth, professional development starts with Common Knowledge, our one-week orientation for every new staff member. And the opportunities continue—from tuition reimbursement to helping and paying for you to acquire additional training, from industry-specific training certifications to personal productivity and management classes. We consider professional development part of our job descriptions.
- We give back. Commonwealth makes generous corporate contributions to a number of charitable groups. On an individual level, we actively encourage staff to contribute their time and resources to the communities in which we live and work and to such organizations as the Waltham and San Diego Boys & Girls clubs, UNICEF, CARE, Oxfam, the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, and local school districts and food banks.
- We value individual health and wellness. Encouraging an atmosphere where you can be yourself means helping staff balance work and life responsibilities. We’re committed to helping to nurture the whole person, which is why we invest in programs like CommonWELL—our latest offering to help employees connect with their own well-being in ways that feel right for them. Whether it’s buying locally sourced premade meals delivered right to our office, participating in an after-work golf league, or attending a mid-day meditation session, all in our community can find something to help support their nutritional, physical, and emotional wellness.
- We like to play—and kick back and relax. Pickup basketball leagues. Lunchtime fitness. Potlucks, paint nights, and a bocce tournament like no other. We work hard, but we play hard, too. And we dress for comfort year-round. On Fridays, we feast on bagels and all the fixings.